Each September across New Zealand, Kiwi’s celebrate New Zealand Chinese Language Week (NZCLW).
New Zealand Chinese Language Week is a Kiwi driven initiative (running between 22 – 28 September in 2019) that encourages New Zealanders to give Chinese a go by hosting and participating in fun and engaging cultural activities with their local community.
This year we’re very excited to be partnering with the 2019 China-New Zealand Year of Tourism, an initiative that shares our vision of strengthening the economic and cultural ties between our two countries.
How can you get involved in New Zealand Chinese Language Week 2019?
- Host an event(external link) in your local community – this could be a dumpling making workshop with colleagues, calligraphy classes at the library or a traditional dance ceremony at your school. If you’re stuck on ideas, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you out.
- Offer Mandarin language & cultural lessons at your workplace to strengthen New Zealand-China tourism relations - we can hep you access a free instructor!
- Highlight your support by hanging our posters at your business or by donating digital/print ad spaces. You can also display our tri-lingual (English, Te Reo and Mandarin) Useful Phrases Booklets (great for tourism businesses!). As they become available, they can be accessed here on our website(external link).
- Challenge your friends and colleagues to the Five Days Five Phrases(external link) challenge – a great way to give Mandarin a go!
- Nominate a Kiwi who has undertaken a Chinese language-learning journey (this could even be yourself!) to be a 2019 Mandarin Superstar(external link). Send your nominations to email@example.com - applications close August 2.
Please get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and ideas on how you can get involved in the Week in 2019!