For the 2019 China New Zealand Year of Tourism, the Dunedin Shanghai Association in association with BNZ has launched a Chinese Social Media competition to promote Dunedin as a tourist destination to Chinese tourists.
The objectives of the competition are:
- To promote Dunedin as a tourist destination to Chinese tourists. The competition will be impact focussed.
- To encourage the use and understanding of Chinese social media by the tourism sector in Dunedin.
- To highlight the value of Chinese students and new immigrants to Dunedin as a cultural and economic resource for Dunedin.
The prize will be $3,000. The winning entry will be publicised in social and general media.
Details of Competition:
- The competition is open to anyone living in Otago, NZ.
- Any entry to the competition must submit a proposal which comprises the following:
- Promote Dunedin as a tourist destination to Chinese tourists, or promote a Dunedin tourist destination to Chinese tourists
- The proposal must include promotion through Chinese social media, by video or other means. The promotion may involve the running of an event which may raise the profile of Dunedin as a tourist destination. Examples of such events that have been organised before are the Jaffa Race down Baldwin Street, and Rubber Ducks race down the Leith River. (Note that the events do not have to be on that scale as entrants must also consider all regulatory requirements and organise a public event like that). Alternatively, it may be in other formats which raise the profile of Dunedin as a tourist destination.
- Entries close 31 August 2019.
- Shortlisted entries will be notified and will run their campaign from 16 September to 15 November 2019.
For further information see: http://www.dunedinshanghai.com(external link)(external link) or contact email@example.com